Guest FOTD/EOTD: My Special Valentine’s Day
Hi everyone! My name is Mandy and I own the blog Prettymaking. I’m really excited to be doing a guest post on Luna’s blog. I had decided to do a FOTD/EOTD when she first asked me to do a guest post. Honestly, I was hoping to do something pink or red since Valentine’s Day happened this week, but I had a bit of a surprise this week!
On Valentine’s Day my sweetheart asked me to pack up my bags because he planned a big surprise for me. He told me that we were going to Kansas City! In packing, I grabbed just the basics (well, basic for me). When it comes to makeup, it included a few brushes, foundation, a blush, and at least one of my Z-Palettes that have pressed shadows. The Z-Palette I happened to grab was a MAC-only palette with somewhat neutral colors. (Which pretty much got rid of my plan to do something pink or red.)
I ended up doing a very soft, grey look with a pink lip and a neutral pink blush–it felt very feminine and romantic for as simple as it was. As much as I love dark smokey eyes, sometimes a light wash of color is all I need to feel pretty.
What I’m wearing:
– Clarins Beauty Flash Balm (all over as primer)
– MAC Face and Body foundation in N1 (1 layer of foundation)
– MAC Studio Sculpt foundation in “NC15” (1 very sheer layer of foundation)
– MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in “Truth & Light” (powder)
– MAC blush in “Warm Soul” (blush)
– MAC Lip Pencil in “Dervish” (lip pencil)
– MAC Plushglass in “Posh It Up” (lip gloss)
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance (primer)
– MAC eyeshadow in “Brule” (brow)
– MAC eyeshadow in “Omega” (eyebrows)
– Maybelling mascara in “Clear” (brow gel)
– MAC eyeshadow in “Silver Ring” (all over the lid)
– MAC eyeshadow in “Typographic” (outer corner)
– MAC eyeshadow in “Phloof” (inner corner)
– Revlon ColorStay Pencil Liner (outer upper & lower lashline)
– L’Oreal Voluminous in “Carbon Black”
We ate some dinner first before making the drive to Kansas City, MO, where we stayed in a hotel that was within a historical building. (Let me just say that the architecture was beautiful!) Taking a trip to a whole different state was exciting enough to me, and that would have been a nice enough gift on its own. Somehow he managed to not tell me at all what my “big” surprise was, even though he really didn’t have to get me anything after surprising me with our fun, little trip.
The next day we got up, decided to go to the Country Club Plaza (a beautiful district of store fronts that all have gorgeous buildings, too) so I could shop a little, and on the way to Kansas City, KS he stopped to surprise me with my big gift:
A beautiful ring! Sorry for the shabby lighting in the pic above, I tried to take a decent picture but I didn’t realize how hard it can be to photograph rings. :-) For the record, we aren’t engaged (or are we?? ;-) hehehe) –it was just a beautiful Valentine’s gift from the greatest guy in the world.
Anyway, it was honestly the best Valentine’s Day I’ve ever had and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I hope you all had a great Valentine’s Day, as well!