I was tagged by Karoliina from Bones and Lilies.
1) Post 11 facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for You.
3) Create 11 questions for the people You’ve tagged to answer.
4) Tag 11 people.
11 Facts about me
- My name is Amanda, but I am going to legally change it to Luna at some point. I’ve always hated my real name. My mom still calls me Mandy which is worse than Amanda. So one day my name will legally be Luna.
- I grew up on a farm where we had miniature horses, ponies, chickens, dogs, cats and a pig. My parents could never keep clothes on me. Soon as I was out the door I stripped down to my undies. Around us were peach trees, plum trees and a walnut orchard. We were allowed to pick as many peaches and plums as we wanted. I had a Great Dane which was a clumsy, clumsy thing. We ran through the orchards and got covered in mud all the time. I had a trick pony named Sugar which was really appropriate. If you left a can of anything on the fence she would get it with her teeth and lean her head back to drink it. She was gorgeous and so sweet. If I started to slip she’d stop immediately for me to adjust my self. Man I miss her. We also had East Indians that lived across from us and grew their own garden. They were so nice, I don’t know how to spell her name but the elder lady over there would come get me every day for either lunch or dinner. She made me awesome hot milky tea and lots of naan with curried spinach, potatoes, and chick peas. It was so delicious. And she made this weird sweet gooey stuff that was so yummy.
- I am absolutely terrified to camp, or be in any kind of tall grass/weeds. I’ve had lyme disease since I was 8. It had been misdiagnosed over the years. Some people think “oh well you already have it, what’s the harm?”. Well the harm is ticks carry a plethora of diseases. If I got bit again I could contract something else. I don’t need to get anything else. In a month or so I’m going to be starting a lyme protocol. So if I disappear that’s why. It’s getting bad. I can’t write very well anymore. It looks like chicken scratch. Typing is really hard because my hands shake pretty bad now and the twitching has been worse too. My fingers randomly hit different keys from the twitching and such. If you saw the typos on this post you’d probably crack up laughing. I’ve fallen a few times this month just because something went numb or just gave out. That’s why I can’t drive anymore. And I can’t be alone in case something happens and I hurt myself. I fell one time last month or so. I got a glass of hazelnut milk and was walking down the hallway. My leg just went limp. I fell and spilled it. Gives you a whole new look on crying over spilled milk. I try to joke about it, but it’s not a joke. I tear up just thinking about it. I’m 30 years old. This shouldn’t be happening to me. I know. Shit happens, but damn it makes everything difficult when it shouldn’t be. I’m really scared.
- I am Native American on both sides of my parents. I have my card from my moms side which is Myammia the downstream people. They are known as the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma though. On my dads side there is Blackfoot but the last person to be enrolled was my dads aunt. I don’t know much about my heritage, my mom never wanted to talk about it and my dad didn’t know much about his side either. I was lucky that my mom at least followed through with enrolling me. I need to get Fumiko and Sascha enrolled now. I wish I knew more. I find it fascinating. When I was 13 my mom and I visited out reservation but only for a couple of hours before driving on to see my brother in Michigan. So I didn’t see much. I was studying under a shaman here when I got pregnant with Fumiko. Then I had to stop I was too sick.
- I’m fat. There I said it, I’m fat. That’s why I always photograph my face and nothing else. When I was pregnant with Sascha my body freaked out, probably from the lyme disease. But Between my 7th and 8th month checkups I ballooned to 250 pounds from around 150. It was horrible and embarrassing and I was shocked. I’ve never been able to lose it. I’ve tried everything. It just won’t come off. No one could figure out how I gained so much in such a small amount of time and I sure as heck don’t know. I’m hoping that maybe the lyme protocol with help a little. When I look back to before I gained so much, I was beautiful and I never knew it because I was always teased and called fat, and I wasn’t. I don’t know how I couldn’t see that but oh well. For now I’m trying to feel okay to be in my own skin. It’s hard. I know it’s not helping my health either, but what can you do when nothing works?
- One day I want to have a Great Dane again, and a Corgi named Ein. Right now I have a Siamese mix, Mochi who is the littlest cat. We also now have a Siamese mix that is white and orange named Zero. My best friend ended up moving and couldn’t take him with her. So we took him.
- My husband is part Japanese. Fumiko was named after his grandmother Fumiko.
- I just got into indie last year around March. I accidentally stumbled onto it when someone was holding a giveaway for Orglamix. I googled them to see what they had and found all of the hoopla about it. At that point I’d stumbled onto Etsy as well. I believe my first purchase was from Persephone Minerals. And here I am today with a collection of stuff that um compared to the 2 eyeshadows and mascare I had. lol
- I was born on January 1st. Every time someone notices I get “Oh you’re a New Year’s baby” which I hate. So much. My due date with Fumiko was actually January 1st. Two days before I took some Blue Cohosh to get things moving. Within the hour my water broke and we rushed to the midwives. All was well and she was born on December 31st. I also went into labor with Sascha on Hallow’s Eve. He was born on November 2nd. It was long and hard but so worth it.
- I like to eat cheese and mustard. I also like pickled eggs. And pickled plum. Yep.
- I love bats and skulls and zombies and crows and all sorts of things creepy. But I also like creepy things when they’re cute. Which reminds me I’ll have some things from HellCatCosmo“>Robin’s shop to give away. Ooooo. She makes ridiculously cute jewelry. Also TEAM INDIE. GO BUY ALL THE INDIE!
1. If you could be any fairytale character, who/what would you be? I have no idea. I didn’t grow up with fairytales so I don’t know a lot of them.
2. What’s your favourite dish to prepare? Do deserts count? Because I totally love my apple pie that I make. On nom nom.
3. Do you play games? If yes, what are your three favourite games and why? I use to. But I can’t anymore. I played WoW since the beta and enjoyed Rift when it came out but I only played the beta.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why? (And for how long?) I’d choose London. I’ve always been fascnited by it and always wanted to visit and photograph it. I dunno. Just something about it screams home. I think if I went I’d like to stay and it be home. It would also allow me to get better health care.
5. What are the best qualities in the area you live in? Oregon is lovely. You actually get four seasons here. I like that it’s dreary for part of the year. I just like it. I feel more comfortable that way. But it’s just a lovely state. There are so many natural things you can go see. Like waterfalls. If I can’t ever move to London, then I’d be happy here. I love autumn here. The trees are just amazing to see. Oregon is weird. I hope it stays that way.
6. What’s your favourite piece of clothing? Right now? My bat shoes! They’re a size too big(the site said they ran a size too small. pffft) but they’re awesome. I need to get another pair in a size smaller. I need to stock up on them. lol I love bats so much and it’s awesome having bat shoes.
7. How long have you blogged? I have been blogging in one form or another for since 2000 and on my current domain since 2003. It’s been awhile.
8. Who do you feel you write your blog for? What do you imagine your typical reader to be like? My blog is about me. It changes and turns into whatever I’m doing at the time. It’s been about so many things over the years. Right now it’s about makeup. That’s what I’m into. That’s what I primarily blog about right. I blog about my health/life every so often. Just because I need to get it out. Right now I imagine my readers to be like me. Into makeup and beauty and some are here to see what I post about my life.
9. Do you have one favourite band? If yes, why are they above all the rest for you? I don’t have a favorite band right now. But when I was a teen? It was Tori Amos. I still love her music. It really helped me get trough a really rough time in my life when I hit rock bottom.
10. What housework is your least favourite? Any housework sucks and hurts for me. But the worst is laundry. It has to be taken up and down a bunch of stairs and it makes my heart freak out and I get really dizzy. So laundry. It’s the worst.
11. Do you have a favourite blog? You know I don’t. I’ve never thought about it. But I don’t have a favorite blog.
11 questions from me
- What is your favorite color and why?
- What is the one deepest memory you’ve had throughout your lifetime?
- If you could get any tattoo on your body what would it be and why?
- Do you drink tea? What is your favorite?
- What’s your favorite season?
- If you had to choose one makeup company to wear for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Have you broken any bones?
- What is your favorite perfume and why?
- Do you have any pets? If yes then what are they?
- What is your biggest fear? What caused it?
- What are you going to be for Hallow’s Eve? If you have little demon spawns what are they dressing as?
Tag 11 people
- Bekka from g l o s t i x
- Beth from Beth Br00tality
- Cinthia from superdimitri.com
- Eleni from personellitea
- Elizabeth from Bethezda’s Preoccupations
- Erin from The Cheap Chick
- Jennifer from Lacquer Ninja
- Mandy from Pretty MAking
- Mindy from Painted
- Rosa from Black Rose Minerals
- Taylor from A Babe In Makeupland