Review: OZ Naturals Enzyme Dermafoliant
- OZ NATURALS DERMAFOLIANT utilizes bamboo to gently exfoliate skin and unclog pores without irritation, drying or stripping.
- THIS FACE SCRUB contains Lactic Acid further helps the exfoliation process by breaking down and removing dead skin cells, revealing the glow of healthy skin beneath, and assists in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging from sun damage.
- ANOTHER KEY INGREDIENT, Green Tea Extract, is rich in antioxidants and helps to prevent collagen breakdown as well as tone and protect the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals.
- THE PRO-VITAMIN B5 IN OUR SCRUB is readily absorbed by the skin and penetrates deep down, retaining moisture and relieving dry, irritated skin, and Alpha Lipoic Acid provides anti-inflammatory effects reducing redness and blotchiness, shrinking pore size and imparting a healthy radiance to the skin
- SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES, our bamboo exfoliant is all natural and paraben free
Where to buy
From Amazon – You get a 2.75 fluid ounce bottle for $24.95 USD.
Exfoliation is key for maintaining youthful, healthier skin and for proper penetration of serums. Exfoliation should be done 2-3 times a week. Dispense roughly a nickel size amount into the palm of the hand, and mix in a tiny amount of fresh water-just enough to make a thin liquid paste. Next, apply to face, neck, and décolleté (or any area of the body that needs to be exfoliated.) Rub in a circular motion, making about 3-4 passes over the entire area(s). It is recommended to leave on the skin for at least 5 minutes, so the key ingredients will have time to absorb into the pores. It is also recommended to use this product in the shower, so the heat will open the pores and assist with product penetration. Use while showering is also best in order to completely rinse away all of the residue afterwards. After exfoliating, pat skin dry, follow with OZ Naturals toner, then serums, next moisturizer, and lastly eye treatment.
This comes in a cardboard box that has company and product information on it. It is a white plastic bottle with a silver twist to open cap.
Scent and formula
This has an herbal almost astringent scent. It’s a fine almost white, slightly gritty powder.
Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder (bamboo powder), sucrose, lactic acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (green tea powder), panthenol (provitamin b-5), Thioctic Acid (alpha lipoic acid).
Okay so the formula and name were changed. This was formerly called Ancient Orient Rice Enzyme Dermafoliant and had rice powder in it, it no longer has rice powder and instead uses bamboo powder. The ingredients on the bottle are old ingredients, but they were updated on the box, and the name on the packaging is the old name. With that said, I have been using this for about a month and a half. It’s a wonderful scrub. It only takes a tiny amount mixed with water to create a really effective exfoliating scrub. This has a really interesting smell, it’s herbal and a little spicy and also kind of astringent like. I quite like it. The first time I used this I made the mistake of using way too much powder and then scrubbed my face too much. I made it raw. It literally takes the smallest amount and there is no need to use a lot of pressure or to scrub for a long amount of time for this to be effective. The lid has a tendency to twist all the way off when you’re trying to open it and it doesn’t quite seal all the way so if you get the bottle wet while it’s closed, water can still get inside. Those are the only two issues I have with this product though. It’s a wonderful product. After using this my face is soft and smooth. This isn’t drying either like some scrubs can be. I use this 2-3 times a week and it has improved the way my skin looks and feels. I’ve also noticed that I use smaller amounts of my serums and moisturizer since I started using this. This is also paraben free, vegan and cruelty free.
If you like this post do me a favor and like it up there on the top right!