I’ve Been Carded! Black Soap Facial Treatment
Rewind the clock with this youth-renewing black soap facial treatment. Made with powerful African ingredients, this natural treatment deeply nourishes each pore, leaving you soft, toned, and fresh. 2 oz. DD-104
How I’ve Been Carded Black Soap Treatment Works:
- African black soap is bursting with antioxidants that protect the skin from free radical damage, which is the main cause of premature skin aging, wrinkles and facial lines.
- Black soap also helps to even out and fade age spots and discoloration.
- Black soap is rich in Vitamins A and E. Vitamin A helps promote collagen production which makes your skin softer and more youthful, filling in lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E helps to heal tissue structure and improves the texture and tone of the skin.
- Shea butter works to soften and smooth skin while firming up skin that has gotten looser with age. It also works to heal scarring!
- African coffee exfoliates your skin while the antioxidants in coffee help to cleanse and nourish. The caffeine in coffee is also known to tone and tighten the skin while increasing circulation.
This comes in a clear glass jar with a gold screw on lid. The label has product information.
Scent and formula
This is a dark brown almost waxy formula. It has black bits of coffee in it. It smells… I don’t know how to describe the smell, it’s a bit waxy/musty/musky/lemony smelling.
African black soap, shea butter, African coffee, fragrance.
I have to talk about the scent first. This smells funky. Like very funky. It smells weird at first then it gets a hint of lemon but still smells weird. I still haven’t gotten use to it. With that said, this cleanses well. It rinses clean and doesn’t leave my face feeling dry. The bits and pieces in it don’t seem to scratch or irritate my face. It leaves my face a little glowy and really clean. Unfortunately this is on the higher pH and is an 8. Too high for me to be comfortable using. The skin has a pH of 5.5. The jar itself is really nice, but the label came off after a couple of weeks of use.
If you like this post do me a favor and like it up there on the top right!