- Not All Knife Sharpeners Are Created Equal! – This Priority Chef knife sharpener is different from the many other knife sharpeners available on the market today. Most sharpeners will create a typical straight ‘V’ shaped finish. This Priority Chef knife sharpener model PC-KN02 will create a concave shaped finish to your knife, giving an extra sharpness that most other sharpeners can’t compete with.
- Ergonomically Designed Handle and Non Slip Base – The stylish knife sharpener’s handle has been designed to fit comfortably when in use allowing you a good firm grip and has a soft, cushioned non-slip base under that stylish steel base!
- Save Your Dollars And Never Buy Another Knife! – Why waste you valuable dollars in replacing those blunt knives with a new set? Save yourself money today by investing in one of the best knife sharpeners on the market. The Priority Chef sharpener can breathe a new lease of life into even the dullest of knives.
- Please Note – This knife sharpener is not suitable for serrated or ceramic knives.
- 2 Stage Knife Sharpening System – Priority Chef’s professionally designed advanced knife sharpener has 2 stages that can transform any straight edged knife to a new level of sharpness that almost any professional chef would be proud of. Stage 1 uses Tungsten carbide blades and should only be used for the dullest of blades. Around 3-4 pulls through this section will prepare your knife shape for the the next step. Stage 2 uses 2 ceramic wheels that will give your knife a high quality finish and a razor like edge.
Where to buy
From Amazon – Knife sharpener for $39.99 USD. It’s currently on sale for $13.95 USD.
Place the knife sharpener on a table surface when using. Complete one or both of the following steps, depending on how the blade is.
Step 1: Tungsten Carbide
Use this only if your knife is blunt. Using slight downward pressure, run the blade from its heel to its point through the slot. Repeat three times. Once every six months or as required.
Step 2: Ceramic
Always finish off with this step to remove any burrs that result from the re-edging and rough honing process. Without using pressure, run the blade through the ceramic wheel five times. You can also use this step on its own to maintain a sharp knife. It is recommended to do it approximately once a week.
After using the knife sharpener, carefully wipe the knife blade with a damp cloth or rinse under running water and dry thoroughly.
Do not use the knife sharpener to sharpen serrated blades or scissors. Do not put the knife sharpener in the dishwasher or submerge in water.
The knife sharpener comes in a cardboard box with directions and other product and company information on it. Inside that it’s in a clear plastic bag.
This sharpener is really easy to use. There are 1-2 steps! If you have dull knives(that aren’t ceramic or serrated) you simply put it on the counter, press down on the handle and run the knife with some pressure from the back to front through step 1 3-4 times. Then you run it through step 2 around 5 times from back to front. You do this once every six months or so. If you want to keep your freshly sharpened knife sharp you can simply run it through step 2 around 5 times once weekly. This sharpener works great. I have a couple of santoku knives and a few other knives that haven’t been sharpened in years and it sharpened them up really well. Easy, fast and works well!
If you like this post do me a favor and like it up there on the top right!