Rosehips were a remedy used by Egyptians, Mayans and Native Americans for their healing properties. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, rosehip oil is known to correct dark spots and hydrate skin dry, itchy skin, while reducing scars and fine lines.
Fatty Acids – Oleic acid or omega-9 is incorporated in moisturizers to keep your skin soft and hydrated. Essential fatty acids – linoleic (omega-6) and linolenic (omega-3) are important components of cell membranes. They allow nutrients to enter the cells and wastes to exit. The lack of essential fatty acids can cause your skin to suffer from dryness and premature aging.
Vitamin C – This powerful antioxidant protects our skin from free radicals developed due to excess exposure to the sun and environmental pollution that leads to wrinkles. Vitamin C boosts the production of collagen and rejuvenates your skin by restoring its elasticity giving it a youthful and healthy looking glow. It also plays an important role in improving the health of your hair and nails. Vitamin C promotes hair growth and nourishes your nails to prevent breakage.
Vitamin A – The naturally occurring vitamin A in Rosehip Oil helps combat wrinkles, sun damage, minor discoloration, hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone. Additionally, this potent vitamin works wonders on treating all kinds of scar tissue and burns. Although vitamin A and vitamin C offer similar skin care benefits, the combination of both on your skin leads to “complexion perfection”.
Revitalize and hydrate your skin with this 100 Natural Anti-Aging Facial Treatment
The various components of our Rosehip Oil bring about a unique combination that is great for the skin. Its antioxidants are effective in reducing and slowing the signs of aging.
- REDUCES FINE LINES & WRINKLES – powerful Vitamin C and Lycopene antioxidants promote healthy cell development, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and protecting the skin from free radicals which lead to premature aging.
- REDUCES SCARS & BURNS – the presence of high levels of essential fatty acids, which cannot be naturally reproduced by our bodies, work to heal and speed up cell regeneration to reduce the appearance of scars and burns. Naturally occurring vitamin A in Rosehip Oil helps heal and improve scar tissue left behind by acne, dermatitis and psoriasis scarring.
- REHYDRATES SKIN – essential fatty acids work to lock in moisture, hydrate the skin and keep it soft and supple. Get ready to improve your complexion and face the elements.
- EVENS SKIN TONE – repair skin discoloration and damage caused by environmental stresses such as UV damage from overexposure to the sun. Hyper-pigmentation and age spots are dramatically reduced with continued use.
- STRENGTHENS NAILS & HAIR – replenish dry, brittle and damaged hair with density, instant shine and smoothness. Nourish your nails and cuticles to prevent hangnails and breakage.
Where to buy
From Amazon – You get a 1.18 fluid ounce bottle for $24.44 USD. It’s currently on sale for $13.99 USD.
Apply 3-4 drops onto the face or body and massage gently. Can be used alone or in combination with other moisturizers to deeply hydrate the skin. For optimum results use each evening.
The Rosehip Oil comes in a glass amber bottle with a dropper. The dropper lid is black and the dropper itself is clear glass. The label is white with gold and black accents. It has the company logo, product and company information on it.
Scent and formula
It’s a standard oil consistency. The color is a clear, bright amber and it smells light and almost nutty. The scent disappears when it’s absorbed into the skin.
100% Organic Rosa Canina(Rosehip) Seed oil.
I have been using Valentia Skin Care’s Organic Rosehip Oil on my face for a few weeks now and I’ve come to really like it. I’ve tried their Even Glow Serum in the past and really loved it, so I had high hopes for their Rosehip Oil as well! Rosehip Oil is supposed to help with a lot of stuff including but not limited to improving fine lines and wrinkles, reducing the appearance of scars and burns, reduces sun damage, re-hydrating skin and evening skin tone and it also helps strengthen your hair and nails. I’ve been using this on my face in the evening, just a couple of drops! It moisturizes really well but doesn’t leave my skin oily and it doesn’t clog my pores, I haven’t had any issues with increasing white heads with this. It helps even my skin tone and my skin just looks plump and smooth after I use it. I don’t have any wrinkles or fine lines, so I’m not sure how it works on them. It has however lightened some of the scars on my jawline from the cystic acne I’ve been getting this past year, which is a relief for me. I definitely recommend this, it works wonderfully.
If you like this post do me a favor and like it up there on the top right!